View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
new compile of links browser

One of the big problems with the user installed links, is that it wasn't finding a "home" directory, so it had no place to put the history, etc. I've recompiled it and supplied it with the USERDATA directory, which is /mnt/ext1/system. So now this links will create a links home directory under the system directory. And back and forward (in history) seems to actually work now. I've also included a script to startup the browser with a local html file in which you can put your own links, making it practically possible to use the browser.

I looked at the code for the bookmarks function in links, and it would require a fair amount of code to implement connections to it. I got a quickmenu to pop up, and then got it to pop up the book mark handler, but getting it actually usable will be a fair amount of work, and I don't know how much time I'll have for it.

So here's a new compile of the browser and an example script and "start.html" file to put "bookmarks" in...

Gerda

p.s. this is for the pro versions. I'm not sure there's any reason to use a browser in the others? if someone wants it, let me know, and I'll compile it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip my_links.zip (1.81 MB, 454 views)

Last edited by gshank; 07-24-2011 at 09:22 PM.
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote