View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
I had a lot of problems in my calibre version too, until I found out I had still the old version of this plugin installed.

While a lot of users use your update plugin, you could maybe add a extra clear warning to users that have installed this plugin (it is not seen on the updater at all!)
AFAIK there is very little I can do, due to how Kovid chose to deprecate non 0.8 plugins in this way. My implementation with the plugin updater and the "Deprecated" attribute etc would ordinarily take care of this. However from memory Calibre at startup disables such plugins and does not make them "visible" to the application. So in theory it should do no "harm" to have them installed, other than they will keep on showing in debug logs and I don't think you can uninstall them other than using the command line. Again that is all from memory and Kovid can correct me if talking crap here.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote