View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #15
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Frankly, I'm very sure JKR's total sales are miles ahead on practically any sensible comparison - and I should think that would also apply to total Amazon sales as well.
Especially since Deathly Hallows had the largest print run in history, with 12 million hardcovers in its initial release. (8 million sold within 24 hours.)

I can believe that sales of The Hunger Games trilogy are higher *on amazon.com* than sales of the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter ebooks were drastically delayed, and many people who aren't mobi-only readers prefer to buy them from Pottermore, without DRM, rather than through Amazon. And for the first several books, Amazon was a startup; it didn't monopolize online booksales--which were much smaller.

And if they're not counting amazon.uk, well, there's a certain "duh" factor involved. Famous US author exceeds sales of famous UK author on US bookstore site. Hm. Shocked, I am not.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote