View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #72
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, thank you, but please don't worry about my pet peeves. I usually have to be dragged kicking and screaming to go out of my comfort zones, but as long as one of my libraries has an audiobook version, I'll make the attempt--at least most of the time.
You were just the clear example but not the only one. That is certainly part of it, but the other part is that most of the time it feels like the discussion will be better by choosing a book that is more ambiguous or that straddles more than one genre.

Going back to The Hobbit or The Martian. They both meet the criteria, but is there really that much to discuss that's new? Both of the ones I ended up with should have more in them that is new to discuss, at least from the outside. I haven't read The Alchemist.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote