Thread: Touch Kobo with Linux
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistos View Post
As for that X in the corner: I eventually clued into the fact that about 1 cm from the physical screen edge/border is NOT sensitive to touch at all. Once I figured that, I realized I could click the X or whatever else is near the border by pressing _near_ the X, but within the touch-sensitive area. Fine, I can get used to that. After learning that, I found the touch sensitivity just fine. One tap is almost always enough, and accuracy is pretty good.
The touch feature takes some getting used to because it's not a traditional touch screen. It uses infrared projectors around the edges of the screen to detect where your finger is. In fact, it's even possible to turn pages, etc. without actually touching the screen since you just need to get close enough to interrupt the infrared beams.

So while it's not quite as accurate and sensitive as a true touch screen, it works surprisingly well once you get used to it.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote