View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #54
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnforpaul45 View Post
I just played with a demo Paperwhite in Best Buy. Splotchy, uneven lighting at the bottom, screen had a reddish tinge to it. Yeah it was pretty snappy, but the Glo is a much more refined machine.
I'm amazed at some of the basic differences between the two, such as how the Kobo Glo has a physical on/off switch for the front-lighting and the PW does not. I use that feature regularly (such as on a bus trip where the amount of ambient light is changing regularly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoo View Post
Round 2 at Goodereader.
Thank you for sharing this second video. Why would I want to read (as suggested in the video) at super high brightness in the dark?! I only use super-high brightness when there's a fair bit of ambient light; I use the very lowest brightness setting in the dark.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote