View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Tom, I've always wanted to see that first movie. All references to it that I've seen have been dismissive. I had no idea that it disappeared from sight because of the code.
I also want to see it. The dismissive reviews I've seen refer not to it, but to Satan Met a Lady (1936), which was a comedic adaptation of the book. The 1931 film is still available, but I can't find it on line for free or for rent, and I haven't had much luck with ordering DVDs through the mail. A couple of times I did order DVDs and never got the goods. I think there must be some movie buffs working at the Post Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Did you know that Hammett wrote four Sam Spade short stories? They are collected together with other Hammett works in a book entitled The Adventures of Sam Spade.
No I didn't, although I knew others had written Sam Spade stories. Thanks for that. I'll have to check it out.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote