View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #80
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I do not get the need to turn a kindle into a book.
I for one just like the feel of opening and closing the case like a book. Also, it's very handy in public transport when I need to put the Kindle away for half a minute when I need to show my card to the conductor. With the book-type case, I can just close the it and put the Kindle away somewhere to get the card out. With a sleeve, I would need to get the sleeve out first, put the Kindle in it, put the Kindle away, and then reverse the entire process to get it out again.

Also, often I must change from one train to another, and they are right next to each other, each on one side of the platform. I like to just shut the case and carry the Kindle while changing trains. I could of course carry the "naked" Kindle too, but....

I just like book-type cases, if (fairly) well made I like it that when I stop reading, I can just close it like a book and put it onto the table instead of laying down "The Kindle". Hard to explain. Same reason why I like hardcover books. The cover has the added advantage that it can be folded back, unlike the hardcover books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
When I purchased my Kindle Keyboard in late 2010, I also got the lighted cover. I used that all the time for about six months. It's great protection for the device, but I didn't like the extra weight and bulk, so I decided to buy this rubberized silicone skin from a seller on eBay. I love it! The skin makes the Kindle easy to hold and adds almost no weight.

At home I now read with the silicone skin and only use the Amazon lighted cover when traveling.
I use a similar sort of skin / shell on my Nexus 4 smartphone. Normally I wouldn't use a skin or sleeve on my smartphone because it gets in the way to open it or get the phone out when it rings. I've never severely scratched a phone's body, and I've never scratched the (Gorilla glass) screen. However, with its glass back, thinness, and extremely slick feel, I am worried that the phone may take damage just from putting it down to hard a few times, or that I may drop it. Therefore I'm now using it with a TPU case similar to this one, but tailor made for the Nexus 4 of course.

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-24-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote