View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I think screenshots might be in order - of your Find & Replace dialog (expanded to show Options), and before/after of an area of text.

With 0.6.0, Clean Source = Pretty Print, regardless of the options/modes I try, Doing a find/replace of

find: span class="calibre3"
replace: span

works perfectly. Wonder what we're missing...
well I wonder what we're missing also. screen shots are a pain, & I've posted before & after text samples. let's go again, using 1st para of test.epub:
BEFORE:
<div class="calibre12">
<span class="calibre3">Jiayuguan City was named after a section of a wall. Not just any wall. The Great Wall of China. And in the fourteenth century, the Jiayuguan Pass, or fortress, was the westernmost point of the Great Wall. A formidable structure, it was once called the "The First and Greatest Pass Under the Heaven."</span>
</div>
AFTER
<div class="calibre12">
&lt; span&gt;Jiayuguan City was named after a section of a wall. Not just any wall. The Great Wall of China. And in the fourteenth century, the Jiayuguan Pass, or fortress, was the westernmost point of the Great Wall. A formidable structure, it was once called the "The First and Greatest Pass Under the Heaven."
</div>
MY SEARCH OPTIONS:
NORMAL, All FILES, DOWN, the 3 options on the next line are unticked.
FIND FIELD CONTENT
span class="calibre3"
REPLACE FIELD CONTENT
span

AHA - I see a leading space in the replace field, which I can now see because I did copy paste from sigil.
That's the culprit. get rid of that & the bug goes away
. You can't see that because when I submit the post, it gets removed, but trust me, it exists!

so please re-test with a spurious leading space & see what you get then.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote