View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oops, I just reread your issue about converting .prc/.mobi ebooks directly to .epub and my suggestions can't help as Mobipocket Creator inserts those non-standard height= and width= attributes automatically into the .prc ebook. The embedded .html within a .prc ebook that gets extracted and converted by calibre ALREADY has those Mobipocket-specific tags/attributes and so it would be up to calibre to ensure your desired interactions are honoured.

In a bid to help further, can you post what the "calibrex" style is in the .css files within your result .epub. Or just upload your problematic .epub here and I'll see for myself what specific interference cailbre is enacting with that class="calibrex".

Now if you want to make your .epub using the comman line 'ebook-convert' (like I do), then you can use your underlying .html code (with my suggestions above) to make your .epub.
Thank you, Nick, that's very kind.

If you download my ePub version of "The Barchester Chronicles" from:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53280

and go to chapter IV in the first book (the chapter called "Hiram's Bedesmen"), a couple of pages into the chapter you'll see a list of names, separated by blank lines. That version uses blank "<div>s" and displays the blank lines correctly.

Compare that with the version I've attached to this message. It has "<br>s" for blank lines, and ADE (and the Opus) simply omit the blank lines.

In both cases, the source for that chapter is the "_split_7" file in the ePub.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Barchester Chronicles - Test.epub (2.32 MB, 263 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote