View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
I'm not sure that's right. From the previous posts, it seems that the TTS switch can be removed without affecting the DRM, so there isn't that reason to remove the DRM itself. The only (potentially) legitimate reason to remove DRM from an ebook is space shifting (i.e., you want to be able to read the book you bought on another device). I'm not a lawyer, but the argument was used successfully by Diamond Multimedia to defend the Rio MP3 player. In that case, the issue hinged on the fact that the electronic files were being made available for personal use.
Jon believes the exemption intended for blind automatically extends to everyone in the USA. I doubt his opinion would stand up in court but he expresses it often enough to make it seem true. I am sure I have read it at least 100 times now.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote