View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
McGonagall, William Topaz: The Really Bad Poetry Of William McGonagall. v1. 23 Dec 08

This collection is my title. This is the full title:

The Really Bad Poetry Of William Topaz McGonagall

Oh, McGonagall, you mighty bad poet
You didn’t even know it.
Let me sing you a verse
While bellowing a curse
At your lines, bad rhymes,
So horribly fine.

---By Dr. Drib

Here's a quote about the poetry of William Topaz McGonagall:

"Unlike the works of clueless poets whose amateurish efforts evoke guffaws of laughter from readers, McGonagall’s output was so consistently dreadful that, for many of us, today it retains no entertainment value, even as unintentional humor. It is merely painful to read this guff. A little McGonagall goes a very long way, so getting to the end of one of his poems requires fortitude and grim determination. We will spare the erudite and sensitive readers of Brigadoonery such an ordeal. A brief excerpt from McGonagall’s most (in)famous work will convince even the most charitable critic that this Heelan’ Laddie should have stuck to his weaver’s loom. You will agree that “The Tay Bridge Disaster” is a poetic disaster as well … "

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

P.S.: If you like this, I can gather a second volume.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote