View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #1244
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It will take some weeks. Currently we got stuck by porting Android to current hardware. It is really a hard nut becaues of lack of hardware unit for graphics acceleration. Current results are not fully satisfactory. We are thinking about to make this project open source.

Today I could convince our dev team to postpone this porting and to make some long ago promised and long expected features first:

1. fix some important bugs and issues
2. implement cloud services (which was almost finished but also postponed)
3. Implement multitasking
4. redesign UI
5. improve browser
6. update/replace reading apps.
(Task list is quite long)

As soon as it's finished, they can return to Android porting.
Thanks for the clarifications Booxtor.
Are there any chances they would consider a bigger screen for the Onyx devices? I am thinking about something that would really fit the size of an A4/Letter format which would probably have a lot of demand if it is coupled with a pressure sensitive Wacom pen.

Have they ever considered this?
I wonder why nobody goes above this 10" size.
In my opinion it is about the time that the cost for the now classic 10" e-ink ereder go down as the vendors have recaptured their costs with the development of this technology. It should also be about the time for new screen sizes to reach the market. I know that this ids possible. E-ink was saying that the size is not a problem for them

http://www.eink.com/concept_showcase...h_reader.html#

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 01-29-2013 at 03:37 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote