View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin O'Neill View Post
On an indie writer list I'm on, periodically they have massive fits over DRM, or piracy or copyright issues like this was bpc (before personal computers). I went looking for some gradients for Photoshop this week and people are under the impression that you should give them credit for their squares of colorations. Where are you supposed to do that and what does it achieve? Once the thing, whatever it is, hits the internet, consider it gone. Sure there are ways to get paid, and there are ways for people not to pay. My answer is--accept it.

That goes for a couple lines quoted from a song, or a poem, or a play, or a photo. Consider it shared for all eternity. You get more publicity by being out there and introduced to the public creating possible sales than hiding behind a legal wall chomping your fingernails worrying that someone is gonna touch your stuff.

Robin
SXU is your friend. A lot of people on there share quite freely without any need for attributions, but it's still nice to give them some when appropriate.

Without SXU I wouldn't have been able to throw this cover together:

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote