View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 12:05 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've read a couple of books set during the pandemic. To me, it's more a matter of how the author addresses the pandemic. Do they dwell on it and make it the star of the book or do they have it as part of the background. The latter I can live with, the former, well, I've lived through it and really don't need to revisit it in glowing details (one of the books read like it was torn from the pages of a governmental Covid-19 update site and ended up being added to my rather short DNF list).

To completely disregard the pandemic in a book set in the last couple of years? Takes me back to Dallas and the it was all a dream season.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote