View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Finally started up my new T1... What a palava!

Ok, I am going to have a bit of a moan... So far my impressions of the PRS-T1 are "ok" but not great.

I picked up a PRS-T1 the other week on a bit of a whim and spurred by a decent clearance price. I am still unsure of the plastic cheap feeling form factor with fingerprint-magnet black shiny plastic and for that reason will not be parting yet with my PRS-650!

Last night I finally sat down to try and load my books and then sign out my first eBook from Overdrive... Now, I'm not TOO technical so maybe I've missed something here, but that took WAAAAAY longer than it should, and most of the "instructions" I came across didn't really tell me that I needed to install the Sony Reader software to first "authorize" my device with Adobe Digital Editions (which I did FIRST and couldn't figure out why the device wouldn't connect). Well, with the device authorized, I STILL could not see it listed when connected in Digital Editions and have given up. I am assuming this may or may not work via PC? Instead I logged onto the Overdrive site on my reader, and downloaded my checked-out book directly from there (which is most likely the way I will be doing it in future...but just annoyed it won't work via my Mac). The other problem that compounds the issue is that I'm a lifelong Windows user, now trying to find my way around a Mac...

Then when that was done, I thought I'd sort out a few collections but the reader kept telling me that there were too many already (automatically set up)... I got it down to about 100 and that seemed to let me create a new one, but how come I didn't have this issue on the 650?

Has anyone else found this to be as frustrating..? Ok, I will try and stop complaining now.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote