View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #587
randomzombie
Enthusiast
randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.

Device: current: Aura HD
Smile

Hi JSWolf, is this the same link you sent me earlier? I tried it out, almost too thin. I guess for me, while the Compact weight as it stands (the very heavy one) is perfect in line spacing, and perfect for late reading (with light turned down). The new link, that's the same weight as your first Charis? But yeah, it's almost too light now. I don't know how weight necessarily works, but maybe something 1/2 to 2/3rds of the increase from initial weight/weight in new link, to the top weight of the Compact I'm using? Like if ModifiedRegular was a "0," metaphorically, in weight, and the current Compact/Modified is a "10," then a Compact with maybe a "6" would be ideal, at least for my Kindle, in circumstances of well-lit reading.

Too bad these Kindles are not uniform in lighting and contrast, alas! Is it very hard to alter weight? Sorry again for any criticism. And again I am uber-grateful for Compact as it stands...
randomzombie is offline   Reply With Quote