View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #97
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
It sounds as if many people in this thread are suggesting that most people cannot overcome negative or violent messages, or for that matter any messages, nor can they separate them from real life. I say this is not the case, and further, that most of those who embrace negative and violent messages, or incorporate them into real life, do so consciously and voluntarily; they are perfectly capable of avoiding that behavior, but they choose not to.

Actually I intentionally used the word INFLUENCE, not BRAINWASH or MIND CONTROL.

The responsibility for any action still belongs to the person doing the action. My personal contention is..

1) Censorship is bad
2) What you read/watch influences you
3) Parents should be parents and take responsibility for their own kids
4) I desire that stores provide a way to filter/block stuff I do not want to see so that I can better find what I want.
5) In the end personal responsibility needs to be resurrected

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote