View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Thanks Blossom that's good to know.
Next time I need to buy something I will try to remember to check the return section. It won't allow me to return free books - I know there's no point in returning a free book but I would like to see how it works.
Do you need to give a reason for the return?
I don't think I want to tell Amazon I am returning it because I can't remove the DRM and covert it to ePub.
But I have been caught out a few times where as soon as buy from Amazon I find it cheaper elsewhere (sometimes it seems like Kobo delays releasing books until I have just purchased them! )
Would the fact that the book is cheaper elsewhere be sufficient reason for a return?
I'd just tell them you're not happy with your purchase and would like a refund.

From their page.

Quote:
Returning Kindle Content

Any content you purchase for Kindle from the Kindle Store is eligible for return and refund if we receive your request within 7 days of the date of purchase. Once a refund is issued, you will no longer have access to the item. To request a refund and return, click the Customer Service button in the Contact Us box in the right-hand column of this page to reach us via phone or e-mail. Please make sure to include the title of the item you wish to return in your request.
It's pretty painless. I've done it on some books that were badly formatted or accidentally purchased.