View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #108
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
There are no pages in our epubs, there is simply a stream of text that flows across our screen. A method for more finely controlling this flow, i.e. a swipe of the thumb across a surface rather than a depression of a thumb against a button would be more aesthetically and physically pleasing to me and perhaps to others.

This would also work towards the abandonment of the idea of pages, with no page turning buttons there would be no need for pages, and no discussion about page numbers... I admit it gets a little abstract here, but if we are to move beyond the book we have to abandon all bookish related concepts.
When I've finished reading a screen of text I want the whole screen to refresh at once. I don't want to scroll through to the next bit I need to read. Consequently, regardless of whether the document has been formatted in pages, I essentially need to update to the next 'page'.

However, I'm with you on the swipe of the thumb...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote