View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #107
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't understand what that even means. What does a "swiping mechanism" have to do with how text is rendered on an ereader? I have no problem if you want to move to a touch system because you prefer it, but don't just make shit up.
There are no pages in our epubs, there is simply a stream of text that flows across our screen. A method for more finely controlling this flow, i.e. a swipe of the thumb across a surface rather than a depression of a thumb against a button would be more aesthetically and physically pleasing to me and perhaps to others.

This would also work towards the abandonment of the idea of pages, with no page turning buttons there would be no need for pages, and no discussion about page numbers... I admit it gets a little abstract here, but if we are to move beyond the book we have to abandon all bookish related concepts.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote