View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #1374
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I don't understand why the second tag is not going through the final step. Unless it doesn't seperate the commas into tags until the personal ini is finished. If so, is there a way I can fix this?
That's it exactly, actually.

FFDL keeps ships (etc) as a list of strings internally and applies metadata_replacements to each string separately.

You're changing one of those strings from:
"Baggins/Kli (Friendship) (Family)" into "Baggins/Kli (Friendship), Baggins/Kli (Family)".

That part works because when FFDL hands it to calibre to put in a column, the list gets flattened into a comma separated string anyway.
["aa","ba, bb", "ca"] => "aa, ba, bb, ca"

(It's not practical for FFDL to split that new comma sep string into two list entries for you internally because commas can legitimately appear in the strings.)

For this particular problem, I think it's as simple as switching #5 & #6--do #6 then #5.