View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #9
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Like FantasyFan, I’m really enjoying this book too! I’ve been reading it for two weeks, but still haven’t finished. I seem to pause every few paragraphs to look up the people and events it’s describing. I don’t want to rush because it’s turned into such a rich resource re: Britain, WWII ships & battles, mathematics, computers, Japan, Germany etc.

astrangerher thanks for the great link! I’m really looking forward to listening to the Turning episode, and exploring the others. What a goldmine.

Bookworm_Girl thank you very much for the movie reference! I can’t wait to see it, and plan to rent it this weekend.
It covered a much broader geographical area and timeline than I was expecting. I also went slow. I checked it out of the library twice. I also flipped to the photos at the back about halfway through. Some of my favorite bits were the quoted letters and interviews with the people.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote