Thread: Dictionary FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #42
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by papierflieger View Post
Thank you, that was really quick! I'm not exactly sure how to use PyGlossary, are there instructions for this somewhere?
If you have a Mac, you'll have to launch the Python GUI by either executing pyglossary.pyw in the src folder or pyglossary.sh in the root folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papierflieger View Post
And I guess I'm going to have to find a windows pc to follow the instructions found in the second link, is that right? (because there are .exe files in the dictionary creator zip archive)
The instructions are indeed for Windows users, but if you know how to use the Mac shell you can also simply use tab2mobi.py to convert your tab-delimited file to a dictionary.

The command is: python tab2opf.py DICTIONARY.tab
If the source file is utf-8 encoded add -utf: python tab2opf.py -utf DICTIONARY.tab
(Obviously, you'll have to replace DICTIONARY.tab with the name of your tab-delimited Korean-English text file, which should be utf-8 encoded.)

This will generate Kindle source files that you'll need to compile by opening the .opf file with KindlePreviewer.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote