View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
There is no "pop up style/model" to be applied to epubs. Popup (foot|end)notes are a function of readers, not epubs. Are you talking about using html5/epub3 "aside" elements and epub:type="noteref|footnote" that iBooks has incorporated as popups into its reading system?
Thanks for this reply. It seems I misunderstood something about it. Yes, it was about aside elements and epubtype=noteref as I did not have any other information.

Recently I had a look at an EPUB3 with some advanced features (audio files, pop-up images, these ones in conjunction with javascript are OK with Sigil 9.3) and pop-up footnotes of the above kind. To be honest, for these last ones, I am still looking for a software that could make them work (I have no IPAD).

This EPUB3 could not be properly displayed with the Calibre viewer.

This foot/endnote question has been around for quite a while and it looks like chicken and egg. On touch screens, foot/endnotes are not that much reliable, even with bigger anchors. This makes the arrival and generalization of a new generation of footnotes more desirable.

... So, we'll still wait for them to be supported with our ebook-readers. Will Sigil display them correctly soon?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote