View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #234
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Windows 10 tablet,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwse@aol.com View Post
I would like to request help for installation of the latest beta for ubuntu 18.04 gnome. I already have been using 3.47 well, but have had difficulty with installation of the beta. I tried creating a new folder and extracting in it but now cannot run 3.99 from it even with the terminal. I am worried about corrupting setting and losing data. If someone could help me with details I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Pop
First you save the tar not open it with it with achieve manager. Recommend save to home folder.

Use the command Manual binary install or reverting to a previous version from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

Run in a terminal replaced path/to/downloaded with your path.
Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/calibre && sudo rm -rf /opt/calibre/* && sudo tar xvf /path/to/downloaded/calibre-tarball.txz -C /opt/calibre && sudo /opt/calibre/calibre_postinstall
On my pc it looks like this:

Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/calibre && sudo rm -rf /opt/calibre/* && sudo tar xvf /home/xxxxxxxx**/calibre-3.99.7-x86_64.txz -C /opt/calibre && sudo /opt/calibre/calibre_postinstall
**my username.

This will install over the calibre 3.47, to revert just reinstall 3.47/7 in the regular way.

bernie