View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #110
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That's interesting, so you're reporting that 64bit beta system style is 'smooth' and 32 bit system style is 'blocky'.

I'm using the 32 bit beta - I like to keep the current 64 bit release available for comparisons - with same configuration.

Are you still using Win 7, IIRC you have to install 3rd party enhancers get Aero on 10.
Not sure if it was that the system default style vs. the Calibre style was different because of 32 vs 64 version, but I reinstalled it and now it looks fine.

As far as using Windows 7, and I could write for hours on this subject and my dealings with it and Windows 10 - trust me I know all the reasons for and against using Windows 10 vs. 7, and I am very familiar with the workings of my computer (just not coding lol). It really all came down to the fact that (at the last time I checked) Windows 10 requires an external drive for their system protection services; Shadow copies and restore points.

I do know all the reasons why this isn't a bad thing - using up hard drive space (especially with the "sticky" SSD), Windows 7 backup sucks (I like it), you can use another service (bad internet and I am always using file versions) maybe get another backup service to keep on the computer (too lazy right now to source and try it- I have a hard time choosing things when presented with too many options. I also don't like Windows 10's control panel. I'll probably install it on my backup computer to get used to it, but I am used to and like Windows 7, and Linux isn't as user friendly with a lot of my programs. I might install it on a virtual machine and see how I like it.