View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
I'm going out on a limb and if I've misinterpreted the situation I'm sorry, but I tend to infer that people not checking in here means they're struggling. (What I can see from those who are my Goodreads friends also is a factor.) So I thought I'd float the suggestion that the August discussion be downgraded in a sense, to remove the onus of having to participate and engage in a conversation on a set date. I could unlock the thread early and those who have or would to give up can post their reactions while they're fresh and then let it go, without feeling they need to finish the book or engage in a conversation beyond their interest. Alternatively, those who are enjoying it wouldn't have to press to get it done on time (it's long!) and could comment at their leisure.

I'll add the personal element, which doesn't affect the situation as far as I'm concerned. I'm quite enjoying it myself; I'll save further comment for the discussion thread proper, but I also feel I would benefit from a break. For me, this is a good example of a book published in installments which would be better read as such. I'm also going to be away on vacation next week and won't be able to engage to the extent I'd like although I'll be around.

I hope people will weigh in with their opinions here. Should we kick back on this one as it's August after all, or should we be full steam ahead?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote