View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
The light on the 700 is just awful. You see any speck of dust inside the reader. It's really not good.
There doesn't seem to be much argument about that. I guess it was a failed early design. Is this the only front-lit Reader Sony tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
I can honestly say the H2O is a nice Reader. I like the larger screen size. It's quite good without the light on. Also, since the light bothers you, the H2O2 might help as it has the orange light that might help.

As for the 700, it's a terrible design. The touch layer is raised from the screen with the LEDs in between. Think of the 600 with the touch layer raised and the lights in between the touch layer and the screen. You do need the light on to read with the 700. So that would not do for you at all.

You can ask in the Kobo Reader forum as to how good the Aura is with the light off. I've never seen on in person so I cannot comment.
There are a couple Aura users who like the screen without the light but I would still like to see one before buying. As for the H2O, I'm really not in the market for a bigger screen, though I may change my mind if I see one. The 700 seems universally detested, which is a shame because the metal case looks nice.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote