View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:06 AM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
If you do want to try it, you can get three months for $1 at the moment.
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/hz/subscribe/ku
If I remember correctly, you can cancel your subscription immediately and it will still continue until the end of the period, so you don't have to worry about forgetting to cancel it at the end and getting charged.
Thank you. I'd have to work up a substantial KU wishlist first to make it worthwhile, however, so I'll have to trust to luck down the road. Since I'm a KU virgin, I figure there'd have to be another offer eventually. Signing up first and then trolling for reads strikes me as an exercise in frustration and futility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is a 30-day free trial in the UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/...u?tag=mr060-20

What I want to know is why does Amazon treat it's customers outside the US as third rate?
They don't. Why take business decisions personally? Amazon has no animus against its British customers. Heck, subscriptions at Audible UK are far cheaper than in the US, but I figure they charge what they can get, consonant with maximizing profits.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote