View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Amazon expects author names to be stored in “last, first” format and sorts them that way. It displays them as “first last”. A comma is needed to enable this behavior.
Ok, let me see if I am getting this right.

Currently, my books are sent like this

Title: Origin
Author: Brown,Dan

When I do this, it is shows as Dan Brown on the device, and is sorted by the last name.

However, on Content and Devices, the book shows as:

Title: Origin
Author: Brown, Dan - and the list only shows the last name.

All my documents only show the last name in Content and Devices.

When I send the book with the author being "Dan Brown", then it will sort the author as "Dan Brown" putting it in the book authors starting with "D", not "B". It will however, show the full author name in Content and Devices.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote