View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
... So my plan is similar to Kovids. First wait and see what develops. The beta is allowing us both to run now since we are signed but that may change.

If that door closes, the problem will be figuring a way to actually get our apps to work with the "hardened runtime" if at all possible. If so, I will try for "notarization" but it might be impossible to actually pass that requirement even when asking for almost all of the exceptions.

If I can not get notarization to pass, then we come to a real problem. As long as Apple allows unsigned and unnotarized apps to be run, I will simply stop signing it (actually lessening security not increasing it) and keep releasing. If Apple ever prevents power users from installing and running the apps we want, I will simply stop being a Mac user. At that point, some other Apple volunteer developer would have to step up, redesign Sigil to curtail or limit its usefulness to fit the hardened runtime limits or development on macOS would stop.
Thank you, KevinH.

If Apple insists on driving developers like you and KovidGoyal away, I will likely abandon Mac as well — words I thought I'd never say. The last non-Mac operating system I used was DOS. I have never used Windows or Linux, and the thought of leaving Mac is daunting and deeply unhappy-making.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote