Thread: World Cup 2018
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #66
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I only saw the second half of the England-Croatia match, but there was about three diving and rolling incidents by Croatia and none by England. I'm not sure why you bring race into it.
England were relatively well-behaved in the Croatia match. Lovren probably should have been on a card for a good part of the game for a challenge on Kane. I had just found Kane's behavior before that to be egregious. He clearly was not himself, and I saw that Neville thinks he picked up a knock a few games ago. Having said that, The Guardian noted that Pickford got away with "poleaxing" Mario Mandžukić.

I wasn't trying to be inflammatory about race. It was just really striking in the US punditry that when a South American team went flopping about, they were given loads of stick for it. When European teams did, they were just "playing by the rest of the world's rules."
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote