View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Update. Seems to be an sd card glitch, connect stopped working also, said books were in a read only folder.
I re read faq, went to settings, chose the existing books folder as a new location for the books folder and "moved" books to where they already were.
All ok now.
Is my sd card about to fail or is an android permissions glitch a more likely explanation. I recently had netflix fail to playback a downloaded show from that same card. But that is also working ok after retrying dowmloads
I doubt that the SD card is failing. Android Storage Access Facility (SAF) permissions are notoriously fragile. They often disappear when Android is updated. They sometimes disappear when a device is rebooted. They occasionally disappear when the moon is full.

As for "files go": I doubt it has anything to do with the problem unless you have rooted your device. I can imagine one way that it could affect permissions, unmounting and remounting the SD card, but I think that doing that would trigger all sorts of popups and warnings.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote