View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #1
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
copy all kindle cloud content to device?

hi folks: i'd like to know if anyone knows how i can move all my purchased content on the kindle content and devices page to my new oasis without selecting them 10 at a time as i have about 500 items and it's very tedious.

i've tried every trick i know and am getting nowhere. i also found out that even in the mac kindle app you can't select more than one item at a time to download. i looked on my amazon drive and the files aren't stored there either.

also, these are duplicates of ones i've already got on the device from calibre and if i manage to do it i'll need to know how to tell which ones are from the kindle cloud and which ones from calibre. again, i've pulled every trick out of my hat and it's like amazon has purposely blocked every attempt at doing either one of these operations.

and yes, i can go into the two files and usually one will have the /x-ray/ field lit up and i know that's the cloud item. but again, 500 files and that is impractical.

oh, and the reason i want to do this is to get the benefits and features of the amazon files as opposed to the calibre versions which necessarily have to strip all but the text to convert to .mobi.

oh, and i've looked in the kindle drive mounted on my desktop and i can tell from the way the files and folders are named and sorted which ones came from the cloud and which from caliber, but this doesn't do me any good as when i'm on the kindle i can't see any difference.

also, once i got all the .azw files on my kindle i was planning on putting them in a collection so i'd know these aren't the ones from calibre. but when playing with creating a collection i discovered that if you create one locally (on the kindle), the /contents/ page doesn't recognize it. and the reverse is true--create one on the /contents/ page and the kindle won't see it. crazy stuff all around and it's pretty obvious amazon doesn't hire any usability testers with any sense.

thanks! /guy

Last edited by gteague; 11-02-2017 at 11:39 PM.
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote