View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #24
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaysee View Post
IMPORTANT PRO TIP: the series is set in the same universe, but book two has a different setting and very different feel from Expendable and most of the later books. I'm convinced that Gardner's later books were in the giveaway because people read Expendable, think "wow!" and head to "Commitment Hour" and decide he's a one-hit wonder. Move straight on to book three, Vigilant, instead.
Mileage varies; Commitment Hour's what got me hooked. But then, I've always liked stories that dig into gender roles and gender identity.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote