View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Just go over them on a book by book basis.

Keep the ones you may read again, have sentimental attachments to etc., and donate all the rest.

Also factor in if you'll be moving in the future. Few things suck more to move than heavy boxes of books.
This is exactly what I've been doing in the last couple of months. The library system fed my reading needs heavily the first 25 years of my life...I'm happy to donate my books to help the current library I belong to. Some of the books will go into the active collection, but most will go to the next book sale.

Seems to me, places like Goodwill or Volunteers of America just throw what book donations they get into boxes in the back of the room to get torn up and jumbled. I've tried hitting those places in my early days of book buying, and the books there were almost always a disaster.

And Half-Price Books - while a great place to buy books - gives horrible prices on the books it buys from you.

So I just decided to "give back" to a system that gave a lot to me.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote