View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
robreiderjr
Rob
robreiderjr began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Forum newbie, had 505 since summer

I'm enjoying my PRS-505 and have read a handful of books on it. I am in the air show industry - I work as an announcer - and hope to make the 505 the centerpiece of my aviation reference material. I currently lug around about 35 pounds of printed material and electronic gear for my work and with the excessive prices I'm being charged by the airlines I believe that the 505 could, with the proper inputting of the data, replace about 10 pounds of printed stuff.

It's nice to find this forum because I've just gotten a new laptop and my PRS-505 won't synchronize to the new laptop or even a Windows desktop, even though they've been authorized. The software recognizes the 505 and the SD card that's in it but the books, music, and other stuff reside only on the 505.

I've attempted to reset a few times but without success. Any thoughts for this newbie? My previous setup was a MacBook with boot camp to run Windows. The current setup is a brand new MacBook with VMWare Fusion to switch from OS X to Windows. The desktop is a totally Windows computer.

If the moderator would like to put this in a different place that would be fine.

Thanks,

Rob
robreiderjr is offline   Reply With Quote