View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I've never tried charging via a usb charger, just the Sony charger which was bought for me as a present when I bought the reader. However, I have tried charging via the pc. This is incredibly frustrating because, unlike when using the correct charger, you cannot use the reader while it's attached to the pc and it takes ages to charge. If I let the computer go to sleep or hibernate while the reader is attached via the usb, it seems to actually drain the reader battery.

In conclusion, in my experience, it's quicker, easier and less likely to drain the battery if you use the proper charger or equivalent, such as a PSP charger. But, if you want to use a usb mains charger, go ahead, it's your reader.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote