Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #895
jvanalst
jvanalst began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini, Kindle 3, Galaxy 10.1 Tab, iPhone 4s
Battery Issues

While we're on the subject of battery issues, my Kobo Aura HD just died from battery problems.

I had it plugged into my Mac at work, full charge. I disconnected it, took it home and then it put up the flat battery screen (you know the one that says you have to plug it in to keep using it cause the battery has died). Going through support and a few factory resets later and I'm more convinced then effort it's either a defective battery or a lose connection somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, when I had trouble with my Kobo Glo the support was pretty good (a bit slower then Amazon, but whatcha gonna do?). This time out they were much slower and required much more information. I don't know if they've changed their policy to require photos of your device, maybe someone else can comment on that, but it seemed a bit draconian considering in the past if damage was through neglect/abuse they'd just bill you for the new one. Last I heard (about a week after I sent them everything) that my ticket was elevated to Tier 2. Not quite two weeks in and I still don't know if they're going to send me a new one...

I have to say, after this experience even though I loved my Aura HD I'm seriously considering just swapping to tablet for full time reading.
jvanalst is offline   Reply With Quote