View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Well, if you made it to Kobo through the Collins affiliate link (and I just went to Collins, clicked 'ebooks', and got thrown to Kobo, so I'm guessing that's the case), then you should realize that part of this new Kobo/indie/'affiliate' deal is that

1) there has to be a mechanism by which Kobo knows WHICH affiliate to share the revenue with

2) that mechanism is typically

2a) an affiliation by user account, which is noted by Kobo and associated with the user account's purchases, or

2b) an affiliation by device, whereby Kobo tracks where the 'affiliated' device got sold, and credits revenue to the selling affiliate.

(I may be missing details or nuance per country, but that's roughly it.)

Did you buy your device @ Collins? When I click Collins' "eReader" link, Kobo devices (and ONLY Kobo devices) come up.
I have no problems with what you wrote. I fully agree that Kobo has to know who you are, and who the affiliate is. And I don't have a problem with that, as I have accounts at Kobo.

The problem is letting the affiliate know your Kobo email address. All aspects of the affiliate/Retail Partner relationship can be fulfilled without your Kobo account email address being given to the affiliate.

And I didn't buy the device from Collins.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote