View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #80
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO It is not that the selection so much moved to... as that file collapsed into the current cursor location.
OTOH Merge seems to deliberately open the destination file (if not open) and give it focus.
Exactly - two ways of describing the same behaviour

Delete does not open the newly selected file anymore as it is not necessary and wastes time and clutters up your tabs if all you want to do is delete the file. But Merge opens the file since you almost certainly want to see the effect of your Merge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
For what it's worth, the latest Beta (Beta-Beta?) takes longer to crash than did the first version I tried, and it actually does crash (Has Encountered a Problem and Needs To Close) rather than simply vanishing off my screen. I actually opened, looked through, and saved an epub created by the previous build (5.3?). It wasn't until I tried to open a new html file that it went pear-shaped.
If there's any chance you could post the epub or PM a link to kiwidude and myself that would be great.

When you 'open a new html file' - what did you do exactly: add a new blank html file, File->New EPUB, or open and select an html file from your disk? (if the latter can you post/pm that as well).

So are you saying it crashed (actually exited after you confirmed the prompt and it didn't just open a blank epub) when you loaded a file - not when you were doing something with the file? The distinction is important because a 'crash' when loading a new file is somewhat understandable - although lots of cases have been coded for, there may still be some very troublesome HTML or EPUB files that may not be able to be handled by Sigil. Crashes when adding an html file or when doing an operation are not expected.