View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUanne View Post
SUCCESS!!!! After a week, and doing the same thing over and over, I was finally able to connect.

Now another question, when I'm on my pc at home, and add books to Calibre, will they appear in the catalog on Aldiko, so I can add them to my Aldiko shelf?
When you go back into your calibre catalogue in Aldiko, the new books will all be there. I often browse by "newest" but it's easy to look by author or name too. Aldiko has a lot of great features, enjoy discovering them all.
Ps: I hope you used the "stanza" ip address from the post, that one really makes browsing books a breeze!
Concerning library books:
You don't need Overdrive to get library books if Aldiko is correctly set up. In aldiko go to Settings menu (upper right corner) from the home page. At the top there is a choice for Adobe DRM I believe. Tap on that and enter your Adobe Digital Editions username and password. From a web browser window, go to your library's Overdrive sign in page. Copy the URL or write it down. Mine is " http://toronto.lib.overdrive.com/".
Go back to your Aldiko catalogue menu and tap the + sign to add the library's name and url. You can then go into your overdrive account from this catalog link (I check off "remember me" so I only have the password to enter the next time) and get the library's mobile Overdrive interface and then can either browse for new books or go to my account to add holds to my cart etc. Selecting a book from overdrive, within Aldiko, puts the book on your shelf. It will have a white border to help you distinguish it from the others that are not on loan.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 05-19-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote