Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #91
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
Out of curiousity, did the nook ST you have come with a charger or not? And/or a Refurb?
My first Touch was a very early model (purchased the very first day they were available in the stores). It came with a charger.

Later, the local B&N store swapped chargers with me, to see whether maybe the charger I had was at fault (which no one believed, but worth a try).

I returned (via mail-in plan) this first Touch (also returned the charger, as instructed) after it drained rapidly for about 3 or 4 months and never improved. I received a brand new unit (there was no label on the box that indicated a refurb) with a new charger. It misbehaves exactly the same way as the original. I am living with it using my "topping off" scheme as detailed in the thread I linked to above.

So, I think it is hard to tell from my experience if it is hardware or software. I suppose I could argue that if the hardware (battery, etc) is acting oddly, it is hard for the software to make sense of it. So I think it probably is a hardware thing.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote