View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I have never bought, kept, or reread new paper books. My paper books all came from the library, friends, or purchasing secondhand books cheaply. Then came the digital revolution. I'm willing to pay for the convenience of ebooks since there is no hassle storing them and I enjoy the eReader experience.

I now purchase some ebooks and download free plus public domain ebooks. I have no plans to reread the ebooks I've got, I expect they'll be obsolete in a decade or so anyway. I will share the ones I liked with my husband and father (same Amazon account). Being able to share books was a big selling point of the Amazon environment for me, because it has always been a part of my reading experience to pass books on.

I do not try out ebooks before buying them, I buy books based on having previously read something by the author, recommendations, awards, reviews, etc. The price I'm willing to pay drops as I move down the list above, ie. based on an award and good reviews I'll pay a few bucks, if I've read and liked the author's work I'll pay more.

The trend of offering the first of a series or the first book an author wrote for cheap or free is perfectly aimed at someone like me, if I like it then I'll be willing to buy other ebooks by the author. Editorial comment: ebooks have made me into a paying customer for publishers and authors, so from my perspective their fears of ebooks and piracy are bullshit.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote