View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Readerirv, as you will see when you get it, the tablet side of the eDGe is what communicates with the outside world. You can buy through the (tablet-side) browser if you wish, then move books (epub and pdf, DRM or not) to the e-ink side. You can also move web pages to the e-ink side to read in the sun. But you can't download anything directly to e-ink (I think . . . someone correct me if I'm wrong!).

What I do is buy books or download them from the library to my PC, then either email them to my PE, or transfer them using the USB cable, or pick them up over my LAN-to-PE wireless connection.

I use Calibre, so most of my books come through there. I also have the Sony Reader Library software on my PC and buy books through that sometimes, or over the internet from Books on Board or Kobo. The Adobe DRM epub books can be loaded onto your PE through Adobe Digital Editions on your PC (using USB cable).

You can buy books from the enTourage store directly on your PE.

The LCD side acts kind of like a controller, showing you what you have in your library or in storage. To read a book on the e-ink side you tap the Reader icon on the tablet side and tell it which book to open. The two sides really are interconnected, and I hope you will have fun exploring the ways they are!

Sorry for the long post. There are many ways of getting books onto your PE, either side. And you will find many sources for those books. Have fun!!

Last edited by Filark; 05-06-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote