View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #78
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Not to drag Apple into this, but I remember when Steve Jobs introduced the 2nd AppleTV, which only streams content. He said basically that his customers want to own* their music, but want to just rent their video content-hence the two models (buying iTunes music, streaming iTunes video). Based on how Apple is treating iBooks, I think they (and many readers here) put books in the "own" not "rent/stream" category, which is why the Netflix analogy doesn't seem to work here. (I understand the analogy, I just think how the content is used is more an issue than you think-even Pandora is probably used as a radio replacement rather than a CD collection replacement)

*yes, it's a license, not owning blah blah blah

Last edited by kjk; 04-02-2011 at 11:06 PM.