View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #8
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I have a similar problem as the OP. I can buy a Hanvon N516 for a good price, but I only want to do that if I can install OI on it.
The seller would rather not open the device to check the controller (one reason is that it does not seem immediately clear to him how to open the device). But he suggested there might be another way to find out. Does someone know when Hanvon started putting in the Epson controller? Or could the controller type somehow be derived from the reader's serial number?

The seller purchased the N516 in May 2010 or perhaps a bit later. Does that tell us anything?

Thanks for any information.

Edit: Never mind, the reader has been sold to someone else.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 01-06-2011 at 05:27 PM.