View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonboy View Post
I have the 0.7.15 calibre with a load of lit files and windows vista.
I run Vista

Quote:
If I try to load metadata from the web, it takes an inordinate amount of time.
Not on mine
Quote:
I have an isbndb account.
Me too.
Quote:
When I then put in the isbn found from amazon it takes about 2 mins to find the metadata.
Mine takes about 3 seconds with the ISBN and about 13 seconds to find 20 possible matches when only author/title are listed.
Code:
Why does this take so long, if I try to search for multiple files the problem is multiplied and effectively makes the multiple lookup function impossible.
I multiple search very often.

Quote:
Is the lookup using some form of scraping on Amazon, if so what code is it using and where is the function (in what language). I'm sure this can be much more effective - as I said earlier, I can actually do this quicker with a manual search in amazon. If someone can tell me where to look in the code, I can surely try to make this more efficient.
I can tell you where in the code to look, but you'd be better off finding what's borked on your machine first.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote