View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Feature request / Good idea for future versions of Calibre

hi guys,

I read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi and so I have many books in the same series. I'd love to see a collapse menu to organize books in a series.

Basically, the main library pane would be exactly how it is, except if a set of books has been designated to be in the same series (let's take GRRM's Song of Ice and Fire as an example), it would automatically compact the entire series and make the item bold indicating that this is a series with a collapse button to open up all the books as a sub-menu.

Here's a crude mockup, it's the best I could do and I hope it gets the point across:

Fahrenheit 451-------------------------Ray Bradbury
The Forever War-----------------------Joe Haldeman
[+]The Farseer Trilogy-------------Robin Hobb
[+]Song Of Ice And Fire------------George R.R. Martin

Ok, now I want to expand the series and check out a specific book:

Fahrenheit 451-------------------------Ray Bradbury
The Forever War-----------------------Joe Haldeman
[+]The Farseer Trilogy-------------Robin Hobb
[-]Song Of Ice And Fire------------George R.R. Martin
-----------[1]A Game of Thrones-----------------George R.R. Martin
-----------[2]A Clash of Kings--------------------George R.R. Martin
-----------[3]A Storm of Swords-----------------George R.R. Martin